Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Day 2 - starting out aces

Enchiladas y Mas. Oh. Yeah.

We got up extra early this morning (well, ok ... at 8) so we could squeeze in a proper breakfast. Cruised on down to Burnet in our rented Chevy Cobalt for some sweet bacony ambrosia at Enchiladas y Mas.

Totally different (not to say better, by any means!) experience than that of yesterday's Tamale House adventure: actual table service by smiling people who were happy to bring us extra salsa and coffee refills! Felt kind of strange to me, though, as I usually scoff my E y M tacos in my car while listening to John Aielli rambling on about some crap. But you get chips and salsa (mmmm chips for breakfast...) if you eat in, plus Chomps was all dressed up - not good for car eating when salsa's involved.

So I stuck to my usual potato bacon and cheese affair. It didn't disappoint. My only gripe about EyM is the "cheese". It's definitely cheeze food. Bright yellow stuff that turns into McDonald's-y cheeze-glue when it melts. Ah, but their bacon is divine, so I forgive. And the salsa rocks too. Always consistent.

Alas, Chomps went for the bank-breaker orange juice, which put us over the $10 mark for the first time so far. Still, though, it was a giant beer stein of oj and we didn't miss the mark by that much...all for $11.27!

I love this town.

No comments: