Wednesday, April 23, 2008

La Casita

Ok this was a wicked place. Everyone in there apart from the THound and myself were Mexicans - always a good sign I guess when in search of the perfect taco. They also has a massive rear-projection television that must have dated from 1989. Shame it was just showing more boring Democrat bickering.

I have no idea where this place was - the THound is the Navigator and Driver - I just turn up and Chomp down. And Chomp I did - a couple of lovely tacos one with beans and cheese and the other with bacon and egg. I'm still searching for my perfect filling combo, I'm thinking the beans and cheese are getting close. (Refried beans that is, still yet to try the black beans). Todays salsa was a bit disappointing - I'm certainly no heat-freak (not like TH who puts tabasco on everything) but I do like a bit of a kick in the breakfast taco to wake me up. Maybe we got given the Gringo salsa as it was v. mild (comparable to a chicken tikka-type heat). Apparantly La Casita makes its own corn tortillas... I dunno if corn tortillas are good for breakfast - I'm liking the flour tortillas and I'm thinking that corn tortillas might be a bit weird.

Anyway roll on tomorrow - I'm hungry already.

No comments: