Monday, April 21, 2008

Tamale House 3

So being a 'Limey', this whole taco thing is a bit weird for me. I mean tacos back in the UK are crisp corn shells filled with some powdery crap out of an El Paso packet that you fried up with a bit of mince you found in the back of the fridge. They are certainly not soft, lovely flat bread wrapped around an amazing variety of fillings with fresh salsa. And they are DEFINITELY not for breakfast.

What a treat then to go to Tamale House 3 and have the breakfast tacos and orange juice. I think my breakfast habits have changed for life! The guacamole taco was a little bit too much vegetable for breakfast - but the potato/bacon/cheese combination was spot on. Like a good ol English Fry-up but wrapped up in a bit of bread with a bit of a spicy kick. I have no idea if the other taco places in Austin are comparable to Tamale House 3 - but if they are then breakfast just became my favourite meal.

No comments: